Freeform has reportedly greenlighted a new original holiday movie titled Ghosting, according to Deadline.
- Ghosting is the first original holiday movie planned for Freeform’s 2019 “25 Days of Christmas” event.
- This year’s “25 Days of Christmas” includes three original holiday movies:
- The Truth About Christmas,
- Life Size 2
- No Sleep ‘Til Christmas
- “Ghosting” is reportedly a working title for the new movie.
- The movie will star Aisha Dee (The Bold Type) and Kimiko Glenn (The Guest Book) and comes from executive producers Lisa Kudrow and Dan Bucatinsky.
- Theresa Bennett will direct the new movie and the script will be written by Laura Donney.
- The rest of the cast includes:
- Kendrick Sampson as Ben
- Jazz Raycole as Mae
- Missi Pyle as Chrissy
- Lisa Gay Hamilton as Deb
- The quirky and heart-warming story follows Jess (Dee), who goes on the greatest first date of her life, but inadvertently “ghosts” Ben when she tragically dies in a car accident on the way home. Stuck on Earth, with no idea how to ascend, Jess will need the help of her best friend Kara (Glenn), the only person who can still see and hear her.
ICYMI – More Freeform news:
- Freeform has decided to cancel the Lonely Island-produced comedy Alone Together after two seasons on the network.
- Disney’s “25 Days of Christmas” will once again air across all of the company’s networks with two holiday specials shot in the Disney Parks.
- Freeform has announced that development has begun on Joyland, a series based on Stephen King’s novel of the same name.
- Freeform has announced the premiere date for Good Trouble, the highly-anticipated spinoff of the popular drama The Fosters.