Freeform has announced that development has begun on Joyland, a series based on Stephen King’s novel of the same name.
- Bill Haber’s Ostar Productions will serve as executive producer on the new series.
- Chris Pena and Cyrus Nowrastehset to write the pilot script and attached to produce.
- King’s Joyland was published in 2013 and was a New York Times Bestseller.
- Joyland tells the story of Devin, a college student who takes a summer job at an amusement park in a North Carolina tourist town, confronts the legacy of a vicious murder, the fate of a dying child and the way both will change his life forever.
What they’re saying:
- Karey Burke, executive vice president, Programming and Development, Freeform – “We are honored to be working with Stephen King – a master storyteller who understands the importance of culturally embedded tales that resonate with audiences on a deeply personal level. We can’t wait for Joyland to become part of Freeform’s offerings and haunt our viewers as only Stephen can.”
ICYMI – More Freeform news:
- Freeform announced the premiere date for Good Trouble, the highly-anticipated spinoff of the popular drama The Fosters.
- Freeform has found four of the five leads for their upcoming reboot of the popular 90’s drama series Party of Five.
- The cast for Life Size 2 has been announced and production has begun on the sequel that fans have been waiting to see for nearly 20 years.
- Freeform unveiled the lineup for “Countdown to Christmas” 2018.