Next summer, everyone’s favorite toys are returning. Today, Disney•Pixar released a new teaser trailer and poster for Toy Story 4.
- This teaser brings back all your old friends and also introduces Forky, a reluctant new toy voiced by Tony Hale (Veep, Arrested Development).
However, Forky insists that he is not a toy — he’s actually a spork-turned-craft-project.
Forky is pretty sure that he doesn’t belong in Bonnie’s room, but every time he tries to get away, someone yanks him back into an adventure he’d rather skip.
- The new teaser will be attached to Ralph Breaks the Internet, hitting theatres November 21st.
- Meanwhile Toy Story 4 is set for release June 21st, 2019.
What they’re saying
- Josh Cooley, director: “Like most people, I assumed that Toy Story 3 was the end of the story. And it was the end of Woody’s story with Andy. But just like in life, every ending is a new beginning. Woody now being in a new room, with new toys, and a new kid, was something we have never seen before. The questions of what that would be like became the beginning of an entertaining story worth exploring.”
- Cooley on new character Forky: “The world of Toy Story is built upon the idea that everything in the world has a purpose. A toy’s purpose is to be there for its child. But what about toys that are made out of other objects? Forky is a toy that Bonnie made out of a disposable spork, so he’s facing a crisis. He wants to fulfill his purpose as a spork, but now has a new toy purpose thrust upon him.”
- Tony Hale, Forky: “It’s a huge thrill to be part of the Toy Story family,” he said. “But it’s going to take a while for it to really sink in.”
- Cooley on casting Hale: “When we thought up this character, Tony was the first actor that came to mind and I’m thrilled he accepted. Tony’s performance as Forky is a comedy salad of confidence, confusion, and empathy… served by hilarious spork.”
- Hale on accepting the role of Forky: “A utensil’s existential crisis? I’m in!”