- This morning, Bob Chapek, Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products spoke at International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) 2018.
- During this meeting he announced that the Disney Skyliner would begin transporting guests in the fall of 2019.
- According to the Disney Parks Blog, workers have finished installing the last support tower and have begun threading the cables that carry the gondolas around the Resort.
As Walt Disney World’s Disney Skyliner project continues to make headway, the Disney Parks Blog has released a video offering at look at some concept art as well as a few fun facts.
- This “by the numbers” clip details how the system will utilize six miles of track between five stations while also offering some new artwork for the project.
- When completed, the Disney Skyliner will connect Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Epcot as well as Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, and the upcoming Disney’s Riviera Resort.
- If you’re visiting Walt Disney World in the next few months, you’ll likely see work on this project as support towers have already been popping up and cables are expected to start heading skyward soon.
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning