Lenovo has launched a new update for Star Wars: Jedi Challenges that allows players to join the dark side as Kylo Ren.
- The new content update is called the Dark Side Expansion and it allows players to battle new heroes, including Rey and Yoda.
- The update also includes new 1-on-1, light side vs. dark side duels in Lightsaber Versus Mode.
- The Dark Side Expansion can be played with both the new Kylo Ren Lightsaber Controller and the original Lightsaber Controller.
- The Star Wars: Jedi Challenges starter kit, a compatible smartphone and the latest version of the mobile app are required to play the new Dark Side Expansion.
- Players can also compete in Ship Battles, a new local multiplayer game.
- This new update allows players to command either an Imperial Star Destroyer or Rebel Mon Calamari Cruiser and battle opponents in real time.
- Players will manage and continually recalibrate turbolaser fire, defensive shields, deployment of ‘Power Up’ ships, and bomber runs as they battle their opponents.
- Star Wars: Jedi Challenges launched in late 2017.
What they’re saying:
- Kyle Laughlin, Senior Vice President, Games and Interactive Experiences, Disney Parks, Experiences & Consumer Products after an update to the game back in May: “Our goal here is to extend Star Wars experiences in completely new and different ways for fans —Star Wars: Jedi Challenges does exactly that. The product’s global success has encouraged us to give players even more authentic Star Wars moments, and we look forward to continuing to improve and expand the gameplay.”