This morning, at D23’s Destination D event, Disney’s Chairman of Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products, Bob Chapek, revealed the official names of two attractions coming to the highly anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge expansions at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- First, the Millennium Falcon ride will be named Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run.
- The other headlining attraction will be named Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- On that attraction, guests can join an epic battle between the First Order and the Resistance – including a face-off with Kylo Ren himself.
- The land will also feature interactive components and optional integration with the Play Disney Parks app.
- Star Wars fans will also be happy to know that John Williams will be composing original themes for the lands.
- Lastly, some new details were announced for the immersive Star Wars resort coming to Walt Disney World.
- From the Disney Parks Blog: “From the moment you board your launch pod, it’s a fully-immersive, multi-day Star Wars adventure aboard a luxury starship complete with high-end dining, space-view cabins and all of the exciting action you would expect from an authentic Star Wars experience.”
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is set to open Summer 2019 at Disneyland and Fall 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World.
- For more Disney Parks announcements from Destination D, be sure to check out our tag page.