Disney Channel is starting the new year with a new sitcom series. Sydney to the Max will premiere on Friday, January 25. The new show is about a young girl coming of age and her well meaning but slightly out of touch father.
- Disney Channel has debuted a trailer for their brand new show, Sydney to the Max.
- The family sitcom is set to premiere on Friday, January 25 from 8:30-9:00 pm EST/PST on Disney Channel and DisneyNOW.
- The premiere episode titled, “Can’t Dye This,” has Sydney wanting to radically change up her hairstyle for the first day of 7th grade. Her dad is resistant, but with Olive’s help, Sydney takes matters into her own hands.
- The theme song, “Stay The Same,” was written and produced by Kay Hanley, Michelle Lewis and Dan Petty, and performed by Righi and Dan Conklin.
- Sydney to the Max was created by Mark Reisman (Frasier, Wings, The Exes)
- The series is geared for kids ages 6-14 and families.
About in Sydney to the Max:
“Set in the present day with flashbacks to the 1990s, the comedy revolves around outgoing middle schooler Sydney Reynolds who lives with her single dad Max in the house he grew up in, along with her progressive grandmother Judy—three generations under one roof. As Sydney’s preteen pursuits begin to expand with unexpected and funny twists, Max tries to get a better sense of the guidance, perspective and support she needs. Grandma, full of both parental wisdom and wisecracks, has a razor-sharp memory that proves Max’s own teenage antics parallel Sydney’s. Flashback scenes to a young Max and his best friend Leo juxtapose the funny predicaments invented by Sydney and her vivacious friend Olive.”
- Ruth Righi (School of Rock The Musical) as Sydney Reynolds
- Ian Reed Kesler (Suits) as Adult Max Reynolds
- Caroline Rhea (Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Phineas and Ferb) as Grandma
- Jackson Dollinger (Puppy Dog Pals) as Young Max Reynolds
- Ava Kolker (Girl Meets World) as Olive
- Christian J. Simon (The Amazing World of Gumball) as Leo