Buzz Lightyear himself, Tim Allen, appeared on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon last night and discussed the highly-anticipated Toy Story 4, including the surprise casting of Keanu Reeves.
- Reeves has starred in beloved films like The Matrix, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Speed and many more.
- According to Allen, Reeves will have a “great part” in the new movie.
- Allen went on to explain that Reeves’ character shares similarities with Buzz Lightyear and that he was toned down a bit to differentiate the character.
- Toy Story 4 is set for release June 21st, 2019.
What they’re saying:
- Toy Story 4 star Time Allen on the upcoming movie: “It is so good, these guys are geniuses. It’s so deep and moving and a wonderful plot. I can’t give anything away. It’s about different kinds of toys, they really will surprise you. The toys they come up with, characters came back, new guys in it that are great, Keanu Reeves has got a great part. Actually, little inside story, even he said, gentle wonderful guy that he is, ‘this sounds too much like Buzz Lightyear.’ And his character does have an edge to that. And the guy said, ‘so we calmed him down a little bit.'”
ICYMI – More Toy Story 4 news:
- Earlier this month, Disney•Pixar released the first teaser for Toy Story 4 featuring already-popular new character Forky.
- The next day, a second teaser was released featuring new characters Ducky and Bunny, voiced by comedians Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele.
- In a September interview on CBS’s The Talk with host Sara Gilbert, Allen called Toy Story 4 “so funny” and “so emotional.”