Disney Junior has announced that production is underway on new kids show, Mira, Royal Detective. The animated mystery-adventure series is geared toward preschoolers and is slated to debut on Disney Junior channels and programming blocks around the world in 2020.
- Disney Junior has announced a new show for children called Mira, Royal Detective is currently in production.
- Mira, Royal Detective will debut on Disney Junior channels around the world in 2020.
About the show:
- Set in the magical Indian-inspired land of Jalpur, the series follows the brave and resourceful Mira, a commoner who is appointed to the role of royal detective after solving a mystery that involves saving the kingdom’s young prince.
- As royal detective, Mira travels throughout the kingdom helping royals and commoners alike.
- Along with her friend Prince Neel, a talented inventor, creative cousin Priya, and comical mongoose sidekicks Mikku and Chikku, she will stop at nothing to solve a case, taking young viewers on adventures that highlight critical thinking and encourage deductive reasoning.
- Rooted in India’s vibrant heritage, each episode will weave authentic music, dance and customs into two 11-minutes stories.
- The role of Mira will be voiced by 15-year-old newcomer Leela Ladnier. The announcement was made today by
What they’re saying:
- Joe D’Ambrosia, senior vice president, Original Programming, Disney Junior: “We are eager to introduce kids and their families to the rich, diverse cultures and customs of India through Mira, a young girl who looks at things with her own unique lens to gain different perspectives and help others in her community. We hope that she will encourage our audience to actively engage with the inspiring world around them and appreciate the little details that make life extraordinary.”
Mira, Royal Detective Cast:
- Leela Ladnier as Mira
- Freida Pinto (The Path) as Queen Shanti
- Hannah Simone (New Girl) as a young commoner named Pinky
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) as Mira’s Auntie Pushpa
- Kal Penn (Designated Survivor) as Mikku
- Utkarsh Ambudkar (The Mindy Project) as Chikku
- Aasif Mandvi (Shut Eye) as Mira’s father, Sahil
- Sarita Choudhury (Homeland) as Prince Neel’s Great-Aunt Rupa
- Aparna Nancherla (BoJack Horseman) as Mira’s cousin Meena
- Kamran Lucas (Mech-X4) as Prince Neel
- Karan Brar (BUNK’D) as Prince Veer
- Karan Soni (Deadpool) as twins Ranjeet and Manjeet
- Sarayu Blue (I Feel Bad) as the palace tailor
- Parvesh Cheena (Crazy Ex-Girlfriend) as Manish
- Sonal Shah (Scrubs) as Poonam
- Roshni Edwards as Mira’s cousin Priya
Mira, Royal Detective Production Team:
- Sascha Paladino (Miles from Tomorrowland) is executive producer of the series, which was developed by Becca Topol (Elena of Avalor) who also serves as story editor.
- Sue Perotto and Dorothea Schoentag (Phineas and Ferb) are supervising director and art director, respectively.
- IW Group’s Shagorika Ghosh is the series’ cultural consultant.
- Additional consultants include Bollywood dancer and choreographer Nakul Dev Mahajan (So You Think You Can Dance) and music producer Deepak Ramapriyan (Basmati Blues).
- Matthew Tishler (Fancy Nancy) and Jeannie Lurie (The Muppets) will write and produce original songs, and Amritha Vaz (Miss India America) will serve as composer.
- The series is produced by Wild Canary in association with Disney Junior.