Disney has extended the contract for Senior Executive Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary Alan Braverman from July 2, 2019 to December 31, 2020. In addition Disney has increased his target long term equity incentive annual award value at 300% of base salary, up from the prior value of 225%.
About Alan Braverman:
- Named executive vice president and general counsel of The Walt Disney Company in January, 2003.
- Braverman serves as the chief legal officer of the company and oversees its team of attorneys responsible for all aspects of Disney’s legal affairs around the world.
- Previously, Braverman was executive vice president and general counsel, ABC, Inc. and deputy general counsel, The Walt Disney Company.
- He joined ABC, Inc. in November 1993, as vice president and deputy general counsel
- Braverman joined Capital Cities/ABC, Inc. from the Washington, D.C. law firm of Wilmer, Cutler & Pickering, where he started in 1976.
- Braverman was a law clerk to the Honorable Thomas W. Pomeroy, Jr., Justice, Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Braverman, a native of Boston, received a B.A. degree from Brandeis University in 1969 and subsequently worked for two years as a Vista volunteer in Gary, Indiana.
- In 1975, he received a J.D. degree summa cum laude from Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, where he was also editor-in-chief of the Law Review.