Hulu and Funimation have announced a multi-year partnership and output deal. The deal will allow Hulu to expand its current anime collection providing subscribers with an even greater catalogue of shows.
- Today Hulu and Funimation, a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Television (SPT), announced a multi-year partnership and output deal for subtitled and dubbed anime programing.
- This deal will mark Hulu’s largest agreement for anime programming and will expand its current anime collection with several new subtitled and dubbed titles from Funimation.
- During the past year, millions of hours of anime were streamed on Hulu’s platform. Hulu has made itself a streaming home to one of the most comprehensive collections of anime programming in the U.S. Thanks to the multi-year deal, Hulu will have a first look at U.S. streaming video on-demand rights to future anime series produced and released by Funimation.
- The deal will make Hulu and Funimation co-exclusive premiere destinations to certain new subtitled anime hits day and date with the worldwide premiere in Japan.
- Hulu and Funimation continue to be the only platforms in the U.S. to stream all subbed and dubbed episodes of top anime hits including:
- My Hero Academia
- Attack on Titan
- Tokyo Ghoul
- Through its previous partnership with Funimation, Hulu has been home to an impressive list of titles from their expansive catalog. Anime titles currently include more than 600 shows offering over 10,000 hours of subtitled and dubbed entertainment.
- Today, Hulu offers one of the most comprehensive library of anime series available through a subscription streaming service including hit series:
- Naruto Shippuden
- Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
- One-Punch Man
- Sailor Moon
- Sword Art Online
- Hulu also provides an extensive offering of exclusive simulcast and exclusive dubbed episodes.
What they’re saying:
- Gen Fukunaga, President and CEO at Funimation: “This expansive agreement, which symbolizes both companies’ shared commitment to anime, along with the support of SPT, further cements Funimation’s position as a global leader in anime distribution. It will fuel the acquisition of new titles and provide both Funimation and Hulu subscribers with access to the very best in anime that Japan has to offer.”
- Lisa Holme, Hulu’s VP of Content Acquisition: “Funimation has been a longtime partner of ours, and together we have curated a full library of the most sought-after anime series from all over the world on Hulu. With this new deal, we are doubling-down on our investment to continue growing our world class anime offering with even more shows that we know our viewers love to watch.”
- Hulu offers thousands of episodes of premium animated content and is now the exclusive subscription streaming home to the largest offering of animated hits including:
- Bob’s Burgers
- Family Guy
- American Dad!
- South Park
- Rick and Morty
- Robot Chicken
- Adventure Time
- And more!