“R2 says the chances of survival are 725…to 1.” Fortunately Star Wars fans won’t have to worry about cold temperatures when they’re wearing the new Star Wars: Empire Crew Parka! Ahead of the 40th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back Columbia Sportswear is celebrating with a limited edition parka inspired by the coats worn by the film crew.
- Looks like the Columbia Sportswear store at Disney Springs will be getting some of the limited edition jackets for tomorrow’s official release.
- Disney Springs shared a tweet encouraging guests to park at the Orange Garage for the best access to the store.
- According to Columbia’s website, the Disney Springs location is open from 10 am – 11:30 pm on Fridays.
- Columbia PFG at Disney Springs
1520 East Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista , FL 32830
Making plans to shop at @Columbia1938 for the new limited-edition Star Wars Empire Crew Parka tomorrow? Plan to park in the Orange Garage for easy access to the store and look for a Cast Member for additional direction. pic.twitter.com/B0utV9uiGw
— Disney Springs (@DisneySprings) December 6, 2018
- Columbia Sportswear has announced the release of a limited edition Star Wars: Empire Crew Parka.
- The jacket is inspired by the original worn by cast and crew in 1979 while filming the iconic scenes of The Empire Strikes Back on ice planet Hoth.
- The limited edition, unisex parka sells for $500 and will be available online at 12:01 am EST on Friday, December 7.
- Additionally, select Columbia retail locations in the U.S., Canada, Europe, China, Hong Kong, Japan, and Korea will also be selling the jacket.
- Select U.S. stores are also carrying a handful of parkas signed by Mark Hamill. Fans can purchase a signed jacket for $1,980, with all proceeds of that sale donated to charity.
- 1 per transaction, may not be combined with any promotion.
What you need to know/Nerd facts:
- The officially-licensed jacket is modeled after the coat sworn by The Empire Strikes Back cast and crew while filming in sub-zero weather in Norway.
- Worthy of ice planet Hoth, the waterproof-breathable shell with Omni-Heat thermal-reflective lining and 200g insulation will keep you as warm as a Wookiee.
- Features include:
- Removable, adjustable hood with removable faux-fur trim
- Two-way collar
- Ribbed comfort cuffs
- Wrist zips
- Multifunctional pockets
- A bold blue design with security stripes
- Star Wars patches
- Geographical filming coordinates in the lining
- Customizable name plate on the chest pocket
- The Empire Crew Parka is a unisex style.
Inspiration behind the jacket:
“Nearly 40 years ago in the frigid wilderness of Norway, a small group of cast and crew filmed several of the most recognizable scenes from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. They needed winter gear to keep them protected from sub-zero temperatures encountered on location. Their jacket featured a unique design that currently makes it one of the most sought-after items among Star Wars collectors. Now fans can go behind-the-scenes with Columbia’s limited edition Star Wars :Empire Crew Parka.”
“The Star Wars: Empire Crew Parka pays homage to even the smallest details of the original design while incorporating Columbia’s weather-defying technologies to help protect against the most extreme winter conditions.”