20th Century Fox has a released the official trailer for their upcoming film Breakthrough. The movie is based on the true and miraculous story of love, faith, and survival.
- Fox has released the official trailer for the upcoming film Breakthrough which is based on a true story of 8th grader John Smith.
- In winter of 2015, Smith fell into an icy lake and was underwater for 15 minutes. All signs pointed to him not surviving the ordeal, but thanks to the faith of his family and friends, a miracle happened.
- Breakthrough will follow Smith’s story from his life before the accident to his incredible recovery and is scheduled to be released in theaters this Easter.
- The film’s official website has resources on the true story as well as group ticket sales and theatre buyouts for churches.
- Chrissy Metz (This Is Us)
- Topher Grace (The Muppets, Spider-Man 3)
- Mike Colter (Luke Cage)
- Josh Lucas (Sweet Home Alabama)
- Marcel Ruiz (One Day at A Time)
- Dennis Haysbert (24, Allstate commercials “Are you in good hands?”)
The film’s creative team includes:
- DeVon Franklin (Producer)
- Roxann Dawson (Director)
- Stephen Curry (Executive Producer)
- Rev. Dr. Samuel Rodriguez (Executive Producer)
“Breakthrough is based on the inspirational true story of one mother’s unfaltering love in the face of impossible odds. When Joyce Smith’s adopted son John falls through an icy Missouri lake, all hope seems lost. But as John lies lifeless, Joyce refuses to give up. Her steadfast belief inspires those around her to continue to pray for John’s recovery, even in the face of every case history and scientific prediction. From producer DeVon Franklin (Miracles from Heaven) and adapted for the screen by Grant Nieporte (Seven Pounds) from Joyce Smith’s own book, Breakthrough is an enthralling reminder that faith and love can create a mountain of hope, and sometimes even a miracle.”