- Variety has reported that Comcast’s Xfinity Digital Store in now part of the movie streaming service, Movies Anywhere.
- With the addition of Comcast, Movies Anywhere has seven digital retail partners including:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Google Play
- Apple’s iTunes
- Walmart’s Vudu
- Microsoft Movies and TV
- Comcast is the first pay-TV provider to join the digital movie collection service.
- Xfinity TV users can now sync their accounts to Movies Anywhere allowing them to combine movie purchases from Xfinity with other Movies Anywhere retailers. Xfinity users will have access to their collections on Xfinity X1, the Xfinity Stream app, and Xfinity TV platforms.
- For a limited time, those linking their Xfinity account to Movies Anywhere can receive a free digital copy of Happy Feet.
- Users syncing their accounts for the first time with two digital retailers, will also receive digital copies of The Martian and The Fate of the Furious.
What they’re saying:
- Karin Gilford, general manager of Movies Anywhere: “Comcast is one of the country’s leading pay TV providers with a customer base that, like ours, consists of people who are passionate about the movies they love. We are thrilled to now include Comcast’s Xfinity TV customers among those who can benefit from Movies Anywhere’s ability to bring their favorite movies together in one place that can be accessed across a multitude of devices using the Movies Anywhere app and across Xfinity TV platforms.”
- Daniel Spinosa, VP of entertainment services at Comcast Cable: “Xfinity X1 is the only platform that provides customers with seamless, integrated access to all of their entertainment choices within one user interface, whether that content is live, on demand, streamed, recorded, rented or owned. And by joining Movies Anywhere, Xfinity TV customers can now easily link their accounts across participating digital retailers and watch their consolidated digital library on X1, or anywhere in the country via the Xfinity Stream app and portal.”
About Movies Anywhere:
- Movies Anywhere is owned and run by Disney in partnership with four other studios:
- Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Twentieth Century Fox Film
- Universal Pictures
- Warner Bros.
- Since its October 2017 launch, nearly 6 million users signed up for the service adding over 150 million purchased movies to their collections.