A Deadline exclusive reports that ABC’s hit series, Modern Family could be getting an eleventh and final season. Reporterwrites that the original adult cast about to close deals with 20th Century Fox TV, the show’s producing studio.
- Modern Family is currently in production on its 10th season, and could be returning for another and most likely final season.
- Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva reports that adult cast members in in talks with the show’s producing studio and are close to making deals. The adult cast includes:
- Ed O’Neill
- Julie Bowen
- Ty Burrell
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson
- Eric Stonestreet
- Sofia Vergara
- The most recent contract negotiation was two years ago, with the six adult actors receiving salary increases to about $500,000 an episode.
- Andreeva also writes that preliminary talks have begun with the show’s young adult cast which includes:
- Sarah Hyland
- Ariel Winter
- Nolan Gould
- Rico Rodriguez
- The young actors last negotiated salary increases two years ago. Even with talks in very early stages, it would appear the current cast is likely to continue with the series.
- Modern Family creators/showrunners Steve Levitan and Christopher Lloyd have also indicated they are open to an additional season.
- Levitan and Lloyd are reportedly also in early stages of contract negotiations and are expected to sign on. Additionally, they have indicated they are looking to keep some of their key writers for the final season.
What they’re saying:
- Deadline reporter Nellie Andreeva on chance of adult cast returning: “I hear that there are still a few outstanding issues to be resolved but an agreement on the financial terms has been reached, with all six expected to reprise their roles in a potential eleventh season, which I hear would consist of at least 18 episodes.”
- Nellie Andreeva on adult cast salary: “I hear that they would get about the same for the additional episodes as ABC’s license fee for a potential eleventh season would be flat with the current 10th season, sources say.”
- Modern Family co-creator Christopher Lloyd to Deadline regarding season 10: “We need to know relatively soon because if it’s the last season we need to know it’s the last season so we can both recognize the show but also recognize the people who’ve been together for 10 years.”