Freeform has officially picked up Everything’s Gonna Be Okay to series with a 10-episode order. Earlier this year they ordered a pilot for the show created by writer and comedian Josh Thomas about a young man who must hold his family together when his father becomes terminally ill.
- Freeform has picked up a new comedy series from comedian Josh Thomas titled, Everything’s Gonna Be Okay. The network has ordered 10-episodes of the half-hour series.
- Josh Thomas will star as Nicholas, a neurotic 25-year-old still living at home with his single dad and two teenage half-sisters, one of which has autism.
- Nicholas is not particularly helpful in raising his siblings, but when their dad becomes terminally ill, the girls have to cope with not only a devastating loss but also the realization that Nicholas is the one who will have to hold it all together.
What they’re saying:
- Josh Thomas: “The absolute bestest thing about having a brand new TV show is getting to create new characters. I love the characters in this show, and I love how our cast depicts them—they are funny and kind and fascinating. I feel very grateful to Freeform for giving me the opportunity to introduce them to you.”
- Tom Ascheim, president, Freeform: “Both on and off screen, Josh is a master of creativity and bringing unique stories about underrepresented topics to television. At Freeform, we are committed to elevating narratives that resonate with today’s youth culture and this series is the perfect vehicle for that. We’re thrilled to be partnering with Josh to tell the story of this unconventional, quirky family that will spark many conversations around love, grief and adulting.”
Cast and creative team:
- The series will star:
- Josh Thomas
- Kayla Cromer
- Maeve Press
- Adam Faison
- Thomas created the concept, wrote and stars in the pilot and will serve as showrunner.
- David Martin, Jon Thoday, and Richard Allen-Turner will serve as executive producers for Avalon Television.
- Stephanie Swedlove and Kevin Whyte also serve as executive producers.
- Everything’s Gonna Be Okay”will be distributed internationally by Avalon Distribution.