Pixar Animation Studios has announced four members of its voice cast for an original new feature film Onward. The film was announced at the 2017 D23 Expo and is inspired by director Dan Scanlon’s childhood.
- Pixar has announced four members of the voice cast for the upcoming film Onward will include:
- Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy)
- Tom Holland (Spiderman: Homecoming)
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep)
- Octavia Spencer (The Shape of Water)
- The film is directed by Dan Scanlon and produced by Kori Rae, the team behind 2013’s Monsters University.
- Onward is slated for theaters on March 6, 2020.
- “Set in a suburban fantasy world, Disney•Pixar’s Onward introduces two teenage elf brothers who embark on an extraordinary quest to discover if there is still a little magic left out there.”
What they’re saying:
- Director Dan Scanlon: “At Pixar we try to create stories that come from some kind of personal truth. This film was inspired by my own relationship with my brother.”
- Dan Scanlon on Tom Holland: “Tom has an infectious charm and sincerity that makes you root for him in every character he plays.”
- Dan Scanlon on Julia Louis-Dreyfus: “There is no one funnier than Julia, but she also brings a warmth and loving side to her character.”
- Producer Kori Rae on Chris Pratt: “Chris brings equal parts huge heart and fantastic humor to his character.”
- Kori Rae on Octavia Spencer: “Octavia can do it all. We’re especially excited about the depth as well as humor that she brings to her character.