Actor Stoney Westmoreland, who plays Ham Mack (or “Pops”) on the hit Disney Channel show Andi Mack, has reportedly been arrested and is accused of trying to arrange sex with a minor.
- According to Utah’s KSL-TV, Westmoreland was arrested by Salt Lake City Police Department and FBI Child Exploitation Task Force on Friday.
- The arrest came after the 48-year-old reportedly tried to arrange sex with someone he believed to be 13.
- He apparently also requested nude photos from the person and sent pornographic photos to them.
- An affidavit states that Westmoreland took a ride-share service to meet with the person he had been messaging and was arrested upon arrival.
- Westmoreland has been charged with enticing a minor by internet or text and four counts of dealing in materials harmful to a minor.
- The first charge is a second-degree felony while the latter is a third-degree felony.
- Disney Channel series Andi Mack shoots in Utah at a local junior high school.
- UPDATE: Disney Channel has now released a statement (obtained by Deadline) announcing that Westmoreland has been fired from the show
- The Disney Channel rep said in a statement, “Stoney Westmoreland, an actor working on the series Andi Mack, was arrested in Salt Lake City today. Given the nature of the charges and our responsibility for the welfare of employed minors, we have released him from his recurring role and he will not be returning to work on the series which wraps production on its third season next week.”