Star Wars has announced that composer Ludwig Göransson will write the score for upcoming live-action series, The Mandalorian.
- Acclaimed composer, Ludwig Göransson will write the score for the first ever live-action Star Wars series, The Mandalorian.
- Göransson has composed memorable soundtracks for some of the biggest and most lauded movies in recent memory, including:
- Black Panther
- Creed II
- Fruitvale Station
- His television credits include:
- New Girl
- Göransson has produced records for Haim and Chance The Rapper, as well as worked with Donald Glover on the latest Childish Gambino album.
In his words:
- Ludwig Göransson: “Words fail to express how surreal and humbling it feels to be invited into the Star Wars universe. I am deeply grateful to Jon Favreau and Disney for this opportunity and to John Williams for raising the bar so high with his iconic, intrepid scores — they will never be matched. In these next months I hope to honor the tradition of Star Wars’ musical landscape while propelling The Mandalorian into new and uncharted territory. And I will try to remember that there is no try.”
About The Mandalorian:
- Star Wars’ first live-action series is written and executive produced by Jon Favreau.
- Dave Filoni will direct the first episode and serve as executive producer.
- Kathleen Kennedy and Colin Wilson will also executive produce.
- Additional directors include:
- Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones)
- Rick Famuyiwa (Dope)
- Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates)
- Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok)
- The series stars:
- Pedro Pascal (Narcos) in the title role as a lone Mandalorian gunfighter
- Gina Carano (Deadpool)
- Giancarlo Esposito (Breaking Bad)
- Emily Swallow (Supernatural)
- Carl Weathers (Predator)
- Omid Abtahi (American Gods)
- Werner Herzog (Grizzly Man)
- Nick Nolte (Warrior)