Next summer, the long-anticipated NBA Experience will debut at Disney Springs. Today, we’re learning new details about the project, which comes of a collaboration between the NBA and Walt Disney Imagineering.
- Opening in the area once home to Disney Quest, the NBA Experience is said to feature hands-on activities that will immerse guests into the world of professional basketball.
- At the NBA Experience, guests will “get a glimpse into the atmosphere at the NBA Draft, participate in their own scouting reports, go through pregame preparations, and step onto the court to make clutch shots and highlight reel-worthy slam dunks.”
- Some of the other highlights guests will get to partake in include:
- Experience one of the biggest milestones for a basketball player at the NBA Draft with a photo moment that re-creates the atmosphere of the draft stage.
- Track and improve their jump shots and passing skills in a replicated NBA Combine challenge, complete with a scouting report that highlights their stats at the end of the session.
- Step onto the court and hear the roar of the crowd as they maneuver through a series of timed shots to aim for a high score.
- Execute the perfect slam dunk just like NBA superstars, captured by cameras surrounding adjustable baskets.
- Test their ball-handling skills with an interactive trainer who will challenge them with a variety of dribbling routines.
- Use an oversized slingshot to launch basketballs at hoops of varying heights, making as many shots as possible before the clock runs out in this thrilling timed challenge.
- Immerse themselves in the rich legacy and history of NBA and WNBA championship-winning teams.
- Access a team locker room that showcases up-to-date statistics and visuals of top NBA and WNBA players.
- Test their knowledge of the NBA and WNBA – past and present – during a trivia game with up to 25 participants competing against one another to be champion.
- Enjoy two 180-degree cinematic presentations that showcase the in-arena experience moments before the start of the game, as well as special stories from the players’ perspectives.
- Take a seat at an interactive multi-screen module to watch replay clips from NBA games, using the tools at their stations to make the right calls.
- Play interactive basketball games, from the fan-favorite Pop-A-Shot to modern video games.
- Also included in the NBA Experience is a retail store, which will feature exclusive NBA-themed merchandise designed by Disney.
- Not mentioned in this latest press release is a restaurant that was originally announced to be part of the complex.
- However, City Works Eatery & Pour House, also opening in summer 2019, will be located next to NBA Experience.
- The NBA Experience opens at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World next summer.
What they’re saying:
- Stan Dodd, Executive Producer, Walt Disney Imagineering: “Developed with the NBA, and inspired by the league’s 29 arenas around the country, NBA Experience will highlight the heart-pounding action and excitement of the NBA world. From training simulations and clock-racing competitions to fan-favorite NBA moments – we’re bringing new experiences and thrilling games to life to make fans truly feel like a star player.”
- Salvatore LaRocca, President, Global Partnerships, NBA: “The Walt Disney Imagineering team has unparalleled expertise in creating best-in-class attractions for the millions of guests who visit their parks each year. The NBA Experience will be a destination for basketball fans from all over the world, and we are excited to partner with Disney to bring new and lifelong fans closer to the game.”
Laughing Place recommends MouseFanTravel.com for all your Walt Disney World travel planning