This morning, members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club were informed that pricing for the Gold and Gold Family memberships would be adjusted effective today, January 1st.
- First, the price of Gold Membership will go from $79.99 a year to $99.99 annually.
- Gold Family Memberships will increase from $104.99 annually to $129.99 a year.
- According to D23 Head Michael Vargo, this is the first time the Official Disney Fan Club has raised annual membership prices.
- D23 Gold Membership includes D23's Annual Member Gift (see below), four issues of Disney Twenty-Three magazine released quarterly, access to exclusive D23 events for yourself and one guest, discounts, more. Gold Family members enjoy the same benefits but may bring up to three guests to D23 events.
- Just last week, D23 unveiled their 2019 Annual Member Gift, which features pins inspired by movies, attractions, and more celebrating milestone anniversaries this year.
- Speaking of anniversaries, the fan club itself is turning 10 this year.
- The organization will also hold its fifth D23, this time taking place from August 23rd to 25th in Anaheim, California.
- Tickets for the 2019 D23 Expo are now on sale — and Gold Members can take advantage of discounted tickets.
- Additionally, in an e-mail to members, Vargo said that, “[A]s part of our 10-year celebration, we will be mailing 10,000 complimentary Disney movie passes to randomly selected D23 Gold Members throughout the year.”
- To view more D23 events happening in 2019, check out their line-up so far.
- For more information on joining D23, visit D23.com
What They’re Saying
- Michael Vargo, Head of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club: “For the first time since D23 launched in 2009, we will be raising the price of our annual membership. I wanted to personally let you know, as the change is effective starting today, January 1. We will be sending out a separate email with more pricing details shortly. Again, I want to thank you for sharing your love of Disney with us, and we look forward to seeing you during our 10th anniversary festivities. It’s going to be D23’s best year yet!”