Second Dinner, a video game development studio, has announced that they have partnered with Marvel and are currently developing a new game.
- Second Dinner was started by former Hearthstone Game Director Ben Brode and former Hearthstone Executive Producer Hamilton Chu after they left Blizzard Entertainment several months ago.
- The studios released a new video (seen above) announcing their recent funding as well as their partnership with Marvel.
- Second Dinner has received a $30 million investment from NetEase.
- The video explains that the studio has been working on the new Marvel game for about 6 months, but does not share any further details regarding the game.
- The video goes on to mention several job openings the studio is currently looking to fill, which can be found here.
What they’re saying:
- Jay Ong, EVP and Head of Marvel Games at Marvel Entertainment: “I’ve worked with Hamilton and Ben for years and they are exactly who we want making Marvel games. They and the team they’ve assembled at Second Dinner have made some of the greatest games in history. And now, working with the Marvel Games team and playing in the Marvel Universe… It’s going to be Amazing! Or maybe Spectacular! Or Incredible! Or Mighty! Or quite possibly all of the above!”
- Hamilton Chu, CEO of Second Dinner: “In all likelihood, this will be the best game ever made. I made a spreadsheet so I’m pretty sure. It’s going to take us a while to make, but we’re already having a lot of fun with the prototype. We can’t wait to show it to the people who we interview as candidates.”
- Ethan Wang, VP of NetEase Inc.: “The Second Dinner team has a strong track record of delivering quality games. With the resources and creative freedom they now have, we look forward to what they will come up with next,”