Panasonic has announced a collaboration with Disney that will see the use of their projectors and other breakthrough technology to help transform two-dimensional animation into a real-world experience for the upcoming Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway attraction coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Panasonic and Walt Disney World Resort announced in 2016 that Panasonic Projection Imaging Systems would be the "Official Projection Technology" of Walt Disney World Resort and the Disneyland Resort.
- As part of this agreement, Disney Parks have access to the latest in Panasonic's market-leading projectors with advanced image processing and lens solutions.
- Panasonic technology can be found in a great deal of existing Disney attractions, including:
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will open this fall at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the Walt Disney World Resort.
What they’re saying:
- Tom LaDuke, Principal Show Systems Designer, Walt Disney Imagineering: "The specific visual requirements of Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway attraction require imaging systems that meet the highest technical requirements of precision color rendition and brightness. Panasonic's laser illuminated projectors do that extremely well. We look forward to working with Panasonic to push technological boundaries that bring our guests to places only previously achieved in their imaginations."
- Ron Martin, director, Panasonic Hollywood Laboratory: "We are pleased to have the opportunity to once again provide Panasonic's cutting-edge projection technology for a new Disney Parks attraction, especially for the first-ever ride-through Mickey Mouse attraction. Panasonic is proud to help Disney Parks immerse their guests in the animated world of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse in a way that has never been done before."