Hong Kong Disneyland Resort has officially announced the opening day for the its newest Marvel attraction, Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! Fans will join the size changing heroes for an exciting adventure starting on March 31, 2019.
- The new Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle! Attraction at Hong Kong Disneyland will open on March 31.
- It will be the world’s first attraction featuring Ant-Man and The Wasp, as well as the first Marvel-themed attraction featuring a female Super Hero as a lead character.
- The long-anticipated launch marks the second Marvel-themed attraction at the Resort and the continued development of an ultimate hub for Marvel Super Hero action in the region.
- As part of the multi-year expansion, Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! expands the epic adventure of Iron Man Experience which opened in 2017.
- The new attraction will send guests on a critical mission with Ant-Man and The Wasp who have answered Iron Man’s call for support in defending Hong Kong against Hydra’s attack.
The big and small of Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle!
- Shrink to ant size and fight alongside Ant-Man and The Wasp on a high-tech, high-energy interactive adventure.
- Guests will visit the S.H.I.E.L.D. Science and Technology Pavilion, a newly opened facility at Stark Expo in Tomorrowland, set up to showcase S.H.I.E.L.D.’s latest technological developments.
- The seemingly ordinary visit is soon interrupted by Hydra, who has initiated a two-pronged attack in Hong Kong.
- Hydra not only is attempting to steal the Arc Reactor atop Stark Tower in Kowloon, Hong Kong, but its artificial intelligence.
- Arnim Zola has sent an army of Swarmbots to infiltrate the S.H.I.E.L.D. Pavilion in order to steal a Data Core that contains highly confidential information.
- As he battles Swarmbots in Kowloon, Iron Man calls in Ant-Man and The Wasp to defend the pavilion, because only they can shrink down to get between the bots’ armor to destroy them from the inside.
- But with thousands of bots and only two of them, Ant-Man and The Wasp will need help and guests at the pavilion are called into action!
- Aboard one of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s newest combat vehicles, D/AGR, the Defense/Assault Ground Rover (aka “the Dagger”), guests are issued an EMP Blaster and engage in a heroic battle alongside Ant-Man and The Wasp to defeat Zola and his Swarmbots.
What they’re saying:
- Dale Sheehan, creative producer of the attraction from Walt Disney Imagineering: “We are excited that this attraction continues the thrilling adventure from Iron Man Experience and elevates the Marvel experience at HKDL for fans in Hong Kong and from across the globe. Ant-Man and The Wasp are quickly emerging as a quirky, funny Super Hero duo and they are hugely popular in this part of the world. We can’t wait to take fans deeper into the action and humor of the duo in this dimensional, interactive experience.”
- Bryan Thombs, creative director of the attraction from Walt Disney Imagineering: “We partnered closely with Marvel Studios to transform the powerful cinematic appeal into an immersive battle experience. The movie director, leading actors, as well as the score composer of Ant-Man and The Wasp were all involved to make this possible.”
- Created with classic Disney storytelling and close collaboration with Marvel, Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! is a highly authentic and engaging Marvel experience.
- Director of Ant-Man and The Wasp, Peyton Reed and the movie production team were on board to film the media for the attraction.
- Paul Rudd and Evangeline Lilly, the stars of the film joined the action by reprising their roles as Ant-Man and Wasp.
- Christophe Beck, composer for the Ant-Man movies, also created the score for the attraction.
- 14 types of artefacts and research items from more than a dozen Marvel movies, TV show episodes and comics will also be on display, some of which will be exclusively exhibited at the Resort.
- A brand new merchandise shop, Pavilion Gifts, provides more than 300 Marvel merchandise items and will introduce about 40 exclusive items themed to Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle! when the attraction opens in March.
- On the opening day of the new attraction, admission tickets for the park will feature a new design with Ant-Man and The Wasp.