ESPN has announced a multi year agreement with REnextop Entertainment to collaborate on X Games China for the summer and winter events beginning in 2019.
- ESPN announced today it has reached a multi-year agreement with REnextop Entertainment, a leading action sports platform in China, to collaborate on X Games China summer and winter events beginning in 2019.
- For the first time in the X Games’ history of international events, this new collaboration will see both summer and winter events staged within the same country in the same year under the X Games banner.
- The first X Games China event will feature summer sport disciplines and is scheduled for late May in Shanghai.
- The inaugural X Games China winter event is slated for late November to early December, and has begun seeking host city and venue partners in China.
- In addition to local Chinese broadcasts and ESPN’s U.S. media, X Games China competitions will be televised on ESPN networks around the world and distributed via other international media outlets and local television broadcasters in various markets.
- X Games China will also feature musical performances, art installations and a festival experience.
- X Games China will have a distinctly Chinese flavor, showcasing the beautiful country, cities and culture of China in everything from the course designs to the medals, and highlighting the youth and sports culture in Shanghai throughout the festival village and live coverage.
X Games China 2019 summer sports and disciplines are as follows:
|Big Air||Big Air||Best Trick|
|Street (M & W)||Street|
- The full schedule, venue and ticket information for the X Games China 2019 summer event will be announced in the near future. Additional information on all X Games China events will be forthcoming on www.xgames.com
What they’re saying:
- Cai Xuetong, two-time X Games snowboard medalist and the first Chinese athlete ever to medal at X Games: “It’s a great honor to be among the first athletes invited to help announce X Games China. X Games is a great spectator event that is popular with young people all over the world, and is a great expression of their vitality and potential. For me, the X Games represent realness and limitless possibility. I’m looking forward to the arrival of the X Games in China and dedicating the amazing and outstanding performances to our Chinese friends.”
- Tim Reed, ESPN X Games vice president: “We are thrilled to announce the partnership with REnextop to produce both summer and winter X Games events in China. China is a significant global market and represents an exciting opportunity to connect the X Games brand to a country with such profound history, culture and a love for sports.”
- REnextop CEO, Lillian Chen: “We’re proud to work with ESPN to bring the X Games to China and produce world-class events showcasing the top action sports athletes in the world as well as the music, art and culture that connects so well with the youth and sports lifestyle. This is truly a unique opportunity to grow X Games in China, a country with a proven track record of embracing big sporting and cultural events.”