National Geographic has launched a new mobile app for users in the U.S. and Canada. The app will provide access to National Geographic magazine archives, photos, and more.
- National Geographic just launched a new mobile app available in the Apple App Store and Google Play Store to customers in the U.S. and Canada.
- The app is compatible with Android and iOS smartphones and tablets, and provides users with a personalized digital experience.
- Fans can access:
- National Geographic magazine archives
- An immense photo library
- Digital articles
- Over 3,000 captivating videos.
- Designed to be the most convenient way to access the company’s rich content, the National Geographic app empowers users to discover the world, be inspired by stories and build their own adventure through a personalized feed.
What they’re saying:
- David Miller, executive vice president and general manager of National Geographic Media: “For 130 years, National Geographic has been igniting the explorer in all of us through ground-breaking storytelling across our unparalleled portfolio of media assets. The new app is a valuable addition to this portfolio as it further expands our touchpoints beyond our television channels, magazines, travel offerings, books, events, and existing digital and social platforms that already reach millions of consumers around the world every month.”
- Marcus East, National Geographic’s executive vice president of product and technology: “We’re delighted to launch this new app to help our audience have the best possible experience when consuming National Geographic content. The app provides our fans with a personalized portal into the world of National Geographic and we have an exciting roadmap of enhancements and developments planned for the coming months that will make it even better.”
- For the first time, the National Geographic app has been developed for both Apple’s iOS ecosystem and Google’s Android operating system, bringing National Geographic’s 130-year storytelling legacy to consumers all over the world.
- Designed to learn from users’ behavior, the app will continually refine their experience through the “For You” tab that highlights the most relevant, curated content to provide a highly personalized experience.
- Content will be refreshed regularly.
- The new National Geographic app replaces the previous National Geographic magazine app and, through a free account, provides full access to a source of endless inspiration for the everyday explorer.
- It can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and is available on Google Play.
NatGeo at CES 2019:
- Jill Cress, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer for National Geographic spoke at this year’s event and touched on the company’s plan to utilize 5G technology in the future.