Fox Searchlight Pictures has announced that principal photography has begun on Nat Faxon and Jim Rash’s Downhill.
- Production on the new film began in Austria in and around Ischgl, Fiss and Vienna.
- Downhill is directed by Faxon and Rash and written by Jesse Armstrong.
- The film is an adaptation of the 2014 Golden Globe nominated Swedish film Force Majeure.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Anthony Bregman and Stefanie Azpiazu serve as producers while Ruben Östlund and Erik Hemmendorff serve as executive producers.
- The film will be overseen by Presidents of Production Matthew Greenfield and David Greenbaum, VP of Production Taylor Friedman and Coordinator Apolline Berty.
- Barely escaping an avalanche during a ski vacation in the Alps throws a seemingly picture-perfect family into disarray as they are forced to reevaluate life, and how they truly feel about each other.
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Will Ferrell
- Miranda Otto
- Zach Woods
- Zoë Chao
- Julian Grey
- Ammon Jacob Ford
- Kristofer Hivju
What they’re saying:
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus: “(I’m) thrilled to have completed my first day of filming with Jim and Nat and Will Ferrell and my friends at Likely Story here in Austria; it’s all Downhill from here.”
- Directors Nat Faxon and Jim Rash: “Obviously, Searchlight is like family at this point, “ said directors Nat Faxon and Jim Rash. “We’re honored to be working with them for a third time. But, to also have our paths cross with Julia, and a fellow Groundling alum in Will, makes this all the more special and exciting for us.”
- Producer Anthony Bregman: “Downhill is a tale of bad judgement and moral weakness, so how fitting that Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Will Ferrell embody those values. Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, of course, are more than qualified to capture the fallout.”
- David Greenbaum and Matthew Greenfield, Fox Searchlight Pictures Presidents of Production, Film and Television: "We’re thrilled to once again be working with the inimitable duo of Nat Faxon and Jim Rash. And it goes without saying that bringing Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Will Ferrell together for the first time on screen is a dream come true. The Austrian alps are in for a comedic avalanche.”