Universal Studios Hollywood is welcoming the Year of the Pig and joining in the Lunar New Year celebration. Starting February 2nd, the park will offer uniquely-themed programs, signature dishes, and engaging experiences as they welcome another year of good fortune.
- As the Lunar New Year celebration at Universal Studios Hollywood heads into its second weekend, the resort has announced additional entertainment offerings for guests to enjoy.
- Adding to the beauty and excitement of this year’s Lunar New Year festivities are new traditional dance and martial arts cultural performances.
- Select dates and performers are as follows:
- February 9-10 – Hangzhou Performance Groups
- February 16-17 – Southern Wind Lion Dance
- February 18 – Wong Tai Sen Lion Dance
- Mike recently visited the park to experience the festive celebration. Check out his recap of the event complete with pictures and videos.
- Celebrate Lunar New Year at Universal Studios Hollywood from February 2–17, 2019.
- Guests can join in the festivities as the park offers fun and unique programs for the “Year of the Pig.”
- Guests will enjoy several themed events starring beloved global icons:
- This spectacularly-themed Lunar New Year tradition will take place within Universal Plaza, located at the heart of the theme park.
- Under a curtain of customary red Chinese lanterns and stunning plum blossom Wishing Trees, the festivities will come to life as guests discover the 12 zodiac animal signs accompanied by their symbolic attributes.
Kung Fu Panda Characters and Experiences:
- Lunar New Year festivities will feature DreamWorks’ Kung Fu Panda Jade Palace Performance Stage and the exciting Dragon Warrior Training Show.
- The energetic experience will engage guests of all ages in an interactive martial art demonstration performed by Master Po and friends.
- The event will also feature seasoned animators teaching guests techniques to draw Po and the Furious Five as keepsake mementos.
- Mr. Ping’s Noodle Shop is back by popular demand to serve up delicious culturally-themed food such as
- Po’s Dumplings
- Dragon Warrior Bao
- Oogway Eggrolls
- Secret Ingredient Stir Fry Noodles.
- Mr. Ping himself will be on hand to interact with guests and take memorable souvenir photos.
Hello Kitty Character and Experiences:
- Beloved global pop icon Hello Kitty, will further complement this year’s Lunar New Year celebration when she steps out in style wearing her signature red bow and specially-designed Lunar New Year attire.
- Hello Kitty will be available to meet guests at the Hello Kitty Shop located within the new Animation Studio Store.
Transformers Character and Experiences:
- Keeping with Universal Studios Hollywood’s Lunar New Year tradition, a Mandarin-speaking Transformer’s Megatron will greet guests at the entry of the festivities.
- The imposing 12-foot-tall robot leader of the Decepticons will interact with guests, engaging them both in Mandarin and in real time conversation reflective of his persona.
- A resident of Universal Studios Hollywood, Megatron is one of the stars of Universal Studios Hollywood’s thrill ride, “Transformers: The Ride-3D.”
- Illumination Entertainment’s Minions from the popular Despicable Me Minion Mayhem ride will also join the festivities, stepping out in style and dressed up in brightly colored traditional Lunar New Year attire.
Lunar New Year Offerings:
- Uniquely themed experiences offered in Mandarin include:
- Both offerings provide two distinctive and revealing looks at an authentic movie and television studio.
- Featuring expertly-trained Mandarin-speaking tour guides both opportunities provide insight into the world of movie-making magic as guests enjoy a front row seat and behind-the-scenes access to one of the largest production studios in the world.
- In-language park maps are also available for guests.
- Guests can continue their Lunar New Year celebration at Universal CityWalk’s Dongpo Kitchen restaurant featuring upscale and modern Sichuan cuisine.
- Universal CityWalk’s newest restaurant, Vivo Italian Kitchen, serving freshly prepared authentic Italian fare in a newly designed modern setting, also invites guests to toast the “Year of the Pig” offering its haute cuisine menu in several languages, including Mandarin.
- With so much to see and do at Universal Studios Hollywood, the all-new 2019 Season Pass invites guests to experience the fun all year long for $139 when purchased online. Details and restrictions available at www.UniversalStudiosHollywood.com