Emmy award-winning voice actor Nancy Cartwright will reprise her role as Rufus the Naked Mole-Rat for the upcoming live-action remake of Kim Possible and IGN has a first look at her work.
- Cartwright has famously voiced the iconic Bart Simpson for nearly 30 years and voiced Rufus for the animated Kim Possible series.
- She voiced (or squeaked) the character in all 86 episodes of the series’ five-year run.
- The live-action Kim Possible Disney Channel Original Movie premieres on Friday, February 15.
What they’re saying:
- Actor Sean Giambrone: “When I found out Nancy Cartwright was going to be the voice of Rufus like she was for the series, it blew my mind.”
- Nancy Cartwright on Rufus: “He brings a little levity to the show. He brings the little hint of comedy.”
More on Kim Possible:
- Christy Carlson Romano (Even Stevens) and Will Friedle (Boy Meets World) provided the voices for Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable.
- Romano will cameo in the film, however Friedle will not. He shared his reasons on why he’s sitting this one out.
- Earlier this year, the duo “auditioned” for their live-action roles but Disney had to gently let them down in this silly video.
- Sadie Stanley recently updated the theme song from the beloved animated series.
- Kim Possible begins as Kim and her best friend and sidekick, Ron Stoppable, start Middleton High School where Kim must navigate an intimidating new social hierarchy. She is ready to tackle the challenge head-on, just as she has with everything else in life, but her confidence is shaken when she faces roadblocks at every turn—getting lost in the confusing hallways, being late to class and facing rejection during soccer tryouts from her frenemy, Bonnie. Kim’s day starts to turn around when she and Ron meet and befriend Athena, a new classmate and Kim Possible superfan who is having an even worse day than Kim. With Kim’s guidance and friendship, Athena transforms into the newest member of Team Possible. Soon, Athena starts to eclipse Kim just as the nefarious Drakken and Shego resurface in Middleton with a master plan to finally stop Kim. Now it’s up to Team Possible—Kim, Ron, tech-genius Wade, new friend Athena and Rufus, a Naked mole-rat that Ron meets along the way—to stop these super villains.
- Sadie Stanley as Kim Possible
- Sean Giambrone as Ron Stoppable
- Alyson Hannigan as brain surgeon Dr. Ann Possible
- Todd Stashwick as Dr. Drakken
- Taylor Ortega as Shego
- Connie Ray as Nana Possible
- Ciara Wilson as Athena
- Erika Tham as Bonnie
- Issac Ryan Brown as Wade