Sadie Stanley, the star of Disney Channel’s upcoming live-action remake of Kim Possible, has updated the theme song from the beloved animated series, according to Billboard.
- The original version of the Kim Possible theme, “Call Me, Beep Me,” was performed by Christina Milian.
- The new version features the same catchy lyrics with a twist.
- The new theme will be released everywhere tomorrow (Friday, January 11).
What they’re saying:
- Steven Vincent, vice president of music and soundtracks at Disney Channel: “The new production of ‘Call Me, Beep Me’ is a modern dance pop arrangement created for our star, Sadie Stanley,” Steven Vincent, vice president of music and soundtracks at Disney Channel said. “We kept the integrity of the original song but make it sound like it was written today.”
More on Kim Possible:
- Christy Carlson Romano (Even Stevens) and Will Friedle (Boy Meets World) provided the voices for Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable.
- Romano will cameo in the film, however Friedle will not. He shared his reasons on why he’s sitting this one out.
- Earlier this year, the duo “auditioned” for their live-action roles but Disney had to gently let them down in this silly video.
- Kim Possible begins as Kim and her best friend and sidekick, Ron Stoppable, start Middleton High School where Kim must navigate an intimidating new social hierarchy. She is ready to tackle the challenge head-on, just as she has with everything else in life, but her confidence is shaken when she faces roadblocks at every turn—getting lost in the confusing hallways, being late to class and facing rejection during soccer tryouts from her frenemy, Bonnie. Kim’s day starts to turn around when she and Ron meet and befriend Athena, a new classmate and Kim Possible superfan who is having an even worse day than Kim. With Kim’s guidance and friendship, Athena transforms into the newest member of Team Possible. Soon, Athena starts to eclipse Kim just as the nefarious Drakken and Shego resurface in Middleton with a master plan to finally stop Kim. Now it’s up to Team Possible—Kim, Ron, tech-genius Wade, new friend Athena and Rufus, a Naked mole-rat that Ron meets along the way—to stop these super villains.
- Sean Giambrone as Ron Stoppable
- Alyson Hannigan as brain surgeon Dr. Ann Possible
- Todd Stashwick as Dr. Drakken
- Taylor Ortega as Shego
- Connie Ray as Nana Possible
- Ciara Wilson as Athena
- Erika Tham as Bonnie
- Issac Ryan Brown as Wade