In advance of this weekend’s debut of Mickey’s Mix Magic, the Disneyland Resort has shared some fun facts about Disneyland Park’s new nighttime spectacular. We had the chance to preview the show as well and, wow, is it good. Stay tuned for a review! In the meantime check out this video Disney shared with us and read some of the fun facts below:
- The new celebration song “It’s a Good Time” was written and produced specifically for the “World’s Biggest Mouse Party” that is behind held at Disney Parks around the world.
- Other songs included in Mickey’s Mix Magic are:
- I Wanna Be Like You
- Ev’rybody Wants to Be a Cat
- Friend Like Me
- Grim Grinning Ghosts
- Un Poco Loco
- Let It Go
- The multi-speaker audio design gives the show a dance party feel
- The tree viewing areas (Main Street, “it’s a small world,” and Rivers of America) feature a custom projection design
- More than 24 projectors are used for the show with 14 being used on Main Street alone
- Nearly 100 special lighting fixtures are utilized throughout the show and sit on 10 different park rooftops
- The Disney Parks Live Entertainment team worked with the creative team behind Disney Channel’s Mickey Mouse shorts to bring the youthful, playful, and mischievous personality of Mickey to the show
- Much of the projection mapping using in the show is original content. Instead of cinematic scenes, Disney characters are showcased amidst kaleidoscopic patterns that move with the music beat
- This new nighttime show is expected to be offered at the resort for “a couple of years.”
- The show will feature fireworks on select nights and none on other nights.
- Projections will also be displayed on the Castle when it is done being refreshed.
About Mickey’s Mix Magic:
The new Mickey’s Mix Magic show starts January 18, 2019 at Disneyland Park. This nightly extravaganza creates a family-fun dance party throughout the park. State-of-the-art projections, lighting and lasers will transform Main Street, U.S.A., the façade of “it’s a small world” and the water screens of the Rivers of America (when “Fantasmic!” returns in March) into a colorful, dazzling display of sights and sounds to celebrate Mickey Mouse. And on select nights, “Mickey’s Mix Magic” will go sky high when the show is enhanced with the addition of fireworks.