In celebration of International Women’s Day, Disney on Broadway has announced the second annual “Women’s Day on Broadway: Inspiring Changemakers.”
- The event aims to engage attendees of all genders and backgrounds in a day of open and honest dialogue about gender equality in the theatre industry and beyond, immersing participants and audience members in a series of conversations, empowering each attendee to drive change and make an impact.
- “Women’s Day on Broadway” was started in 2018.
- This year’s event will focus on changemakers driving progress within the theatre and entertainment industry, highlighting ways each person can become an agent of change.
- The event will feature panel conversations and a variety of speakers and presentations.
- “Women’s Day on Broadway” will be held on Tuesday, March 12, at the St. James Theatre, home of Frozen: The Broadway Musical, which recently announced the first female casting of Olaf.
- Disney on Broadway invites professionals of all genders and backgrounds working in entertainment and those interested in the topic to attend the event free of charge. Free registration can be found here.
What they’re saying:
- Anne Quart, Disney Theatrical Production’s SVP of Production and Co-Producer: “We began ‘Women’s Day on Broadway’ last year to provide a platform for women in the theatre industry to share their experiences and celebrate their accomplishments. The response to last year’s event was overwhelmingly positive, and it was clear that we needed to create a sustainable, annual event that could dive deeper into those discussions, to inform, inspire and provide actionable paths towards equality.”