Fox Searchlight has set the premiere date for Tolkien, their upcoming film about the author of the Lord of the Rings series, according to Deadline.
- Fox Searchlight’s Tolkien will premiere in theaters May 10.
- The film will be directed by Dome Karukoski and will star Nicholas Hoult as J.R.R. Tolkien, the legendary author of the Lord of the Rings series.
- Lilly Collins will star opposite Hoult as Tolkien’s muse and wife Edith Bratt.
- The film will detail the orphaned author’s formative years as he finds friendship, love and inspiration among a group of fellow outcasts, before World War I threatens to break up the “fellowship.”
- This experience inspired Tolkien to create his famous Middle-Earth novels.
- Tolkien is written by David Gleeson and Stephen Beresford and produced by Peter Chernin and his Chernin Entertainment label.
- Jenno Topping, David Ready, and Kris Thykier also serve as producers.
ICYMI – More Fox news:
- As Disney’s purchase of numerous 21st Century Fox assets looks to close, the Department of Justice is reportedly considering a revision to their conditional approval of the deal to allow Disney to spin-off its regional sports networks.
- 20th Century Fox is reportedly ramping up its global scripted formats drive with international remakes of popular shows like How I Met Your Mother, This Is Us and more.