For a spell starting in 2016 and extending well into 2017, there were several questions surrounding Magic Kingdom’s Hall of Presidents — specifically, it was long wondered when the freshly elected Donald John Trump would make his debut in the attraction. Now a new book titled Team of Vipers details Trump’s excitement for his Audio-Animatronic likeness and one request he had that went unfulfilled.
- According to The Daily Beast, the book recalls that President Trump was “thrilled by the idea” of being featured in the classic Walt Disney World attraction.
- Additionally, it is reported that Trump wanted his address in the attraction to mention that America invented the skyscraper, with the President then remarking “Which, of course, I know a thing or two about,’ right?”
- This obviously would have been a nod to Trump’s previous career in real estate and development before mounting a run for the highest office in the land.
- However, the book notes that Disney eventually declined the President’s request.
- Here’s what did end up making into Trump’s Hall of Presidents speech.
- Disney’s The Hall of Presidents reopened in late 2017 and is now playing at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom.