More than eight months after being removed from Disney’s Festival of Fantasy parade at Magic Kingdom, Disney has announced that the Maleficent float would be returning today.
- You may recall that the fire-breathing Maleficent dragon float actually caught fire during a performance last May.
- Now the float is set to return with “enhanced safety features”
- Despite those adjustments, Disney assures fans that the float will retain its Steampunk style and, will still breath fire.
- In honor of the return, Storybook Treats in Fantasyland will be bringing back the Maleficent soft serve treat that was a hit this Halloween at the park’s Not-So-Scary parties.
- The item — consisting of lime soft-serve in a black waffle cone topped with purple sugar and chocolate horns — will be available for a limited time and while supplies last.
- Disney also notes that various Maleficent merch is available throughout the park.
- Apparel and accessories are available at Sir Mickey’s and The Emporium at Magic Kingdom while ears featuring the villain’s horns can be found at Le Chapeau at Magic Kingdom and Celebrity 5 and 10 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.