Morimoto Asia at Disney Springs is inviting guests to join them in celebrating Lunar New Year. The restaurant is kindly by sharing the delicious recipe for Chef Morimoto’s Sticky Spare Ribs.
- Morimoto Asia is celebrating the Year of the Pig by sharing a recipe for Chef Morimoto's Sticky Spare Ribs.
- Whether guests visit the Disney Springs restaurant or make the tempting dish at home, these sticky spare ribs are guaranteed to taste amazing—they’re also totally Instagram worthy!
Sticky Spare Ribs:
- Crispy, tender, messy, salty, sticky, sweet – these ribs have everything you are looking for.
- These beloved ribs are first braised, then dunked in cornstarch and flash-fried for that crispy crust, then doused in the proprietary hoisin sweet-and-sour sauce.
Pork Rib Braise
- 1-rack pork ribs
- 5 oz Ginger (chopped)
- 2 oz Garlic (chopped)
- 1 oz Canola oil
- 1 white onion, rough cut
- 1/4 cup Cooking wine
- 1 cup Tamarind paste
Hoisin Chili Sauce
- 1 cup Hoisin
- 3 cup Mae Ploy
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 cup Fish Sauce
- 1/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 2 cups of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
To make Sauce
- Combine all ingredients from the Hoisin Chili Sauce list and fully mix with a whisk or a fork and reserve.
- The sauce can be made and kept overnight in the refrigerator.
Braise Pork Ribs
- Place Pork Ribs in an oven proof pan. Place the ginger, garlic, white onion, cooking wine and oil into the pan.
- Cover with water and add the tamarind paste and gently stir the paste into the mixture.
- Cover with Aluminum foil and cook for approximately 3.5 hours at 250°F or until the meat pulls away easily from the bone.
- Allow the ribs to cool in the braising liquid until able to handle easily.
- Once cooled slice the rack apart into individual ribs.
- Lightly coat each of the braised/cooled ribs in cornstarch and fry in oil at 350°F until golden brown and crispy (about 2-3 minutes) and place on a wire rack to drain and cool slightly.
- Once drained and slightly cooled, toss the fried ribs with the Hoisin Chili Sauce and plate (3) to a serving.
- Top with the fresh chopped cilantro and serve immediately.