On Saturday, February 9, a Fresno man was hit by a vehicle and killed on a sidewalk near Disneyland.
- The Orange County Register is reporting that a 54-year-old man was hit by a vehicle and killed as he walked on a sidewalk near Disneyland.
- The accident happened Saturday night shortly after 11 pm on Disneyland Drive north of Katella Avenue.
- OC Register writes: “the man was walking southbound on the east sidewalk of Disneyland Drive when a 2007 Chrysler PT Cruising heading north on the drive jumped the curb, struck a pole and an electrical box, then hit the man, Anaheim Sgt. Daron Wyatt said.”
- According to Sgt. Wyatt, the victim suffered major injuries and was transported to UC Irvine Medical Center where he was later pronounced dead.
- Reports indicate that the driver of the vehicle was, Stefanie Lyn Bieser, 47, of La Mirada, who as of Sunday morning had been arrested on suspicion of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated and driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs causing great bodily injury.
- Bieser is being held at the Anaheim Detention Facility.
- The victim’s name has not been released at this time. Officials are still working to notify family.
- Northbound Disneyland Drive was closed at Katella Avenue during the investigation.