Fans of Star Wars and Frozen will want to mark their calendars now for the Triple Force Friday and Frozen Fan Fest events taking place on October 4. Disney has announced an epic, global rollout of new merchandise from both franchises. Select retailers around the world will host events to celebrate the reveals and fans are encouraged to get in on the fun.
- Disney has announced a epic reveal of toys and merchandise this fall, ahead of two of the company’s biggest film premieres.
- Fans of two of the most anticipated films of 2019 – Star Wars: Episode IX and Frozen 2 – can begin counting down to October 4 when new products inspired by these two major entertainment events will begin hitting shelves around the world.
- Marking Disney’s first-ever, global simultaneous rollout for two entertainment juggernauts, retailers around the world will create unique celebrations for each of the franchises to honor their individual legacies.
- Events will include:
- Triple Force Friday
- Frozen Fan Fest
- Both events will present fans with an amazing array of new merchandise revealed in exciting ways.
What they’re saying:
- Ken Potrock, President, Consumer Products Commercialization: “This is truly an epic moment for fans, families and retailers as products for two of the biggest-ever entertainment franchises hit shelves simultaneously. We’ll be working with our partners to create suitably spectacular celebrations for each, in line with the excitement and anticipation of the legions of Star Wars and Frozen fans around the globe.”
- Juli Lennett, Vice President, Industry Advisor for The NPD Group’s U.S. toys division: “With Disney’s Frozen 2 and Star Wars: Episode IX both launching in the same year, it will be a notable time for the toy industry. If history is any indication of future success, both Frozen and Star Wars will be among the top-selling properties of 2019, just as they were in 2014 and 2015/2016, respectively.”
Triple Force Friday
- Triple Force Friday will celebrate the launch of a whole range of brand-new products from a trio of original Star Wars entertainment events, including products inspired by:
- Star Wars: Episode IX
- The Mandalorian
- Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order – a brand-new action adventure game releasing Holiday 2019
- As Star Wars fans have come to anticipate, products spanning categories from toys to collectibles, housewares, books, apparel and more will go on sale beginning at 12:01 am on October 4, 2019.
- Stores around the world will join the festivities with in-store events and midnight openings.
- Commemorating merchandise introduced in advance of the episodic films, Triple Force Friday is an anticipated event for Star Wars fans around the world.
- Past iterations, including a live unboxing event that rolled through 15 cities worldwide in 2015 and a global in-store digital scavenger hunt using augmented reality technology in 2017, brought out millions of people who shared their experiences.
- Details of how Triple Force Friday will unfold will be revealed closer to the event
- Fans can expect its legacy of unique experiences to continue, and for the new products to be kept under wraps until October 4, with additional new products continuing to rollout leading up to the theatrical release and beyond.
- For more details on Triple Force Friday, those interested can visit StarWars.com and follow the conversation on social using #ForceFriday.
Frozen Fan Fest
- Disney’s Frozen 2, will make its big screen debut on November 22, 2019.
- In celebration of the new film and fan’s excitement for the sequel, Disney and retailers around the world will kick off Frozen Fan Fest on October 4, 2019, when new product rolls out worldwide.
- Frozen Fan Fest will include:
- Product reveals
- Musical moments
- In-store events
- Fans will be introduced to an unprecedented assortment of Frozen 2 products and offered the opportunity to join the Frozen characters as they set out on a new and epic journey beyond Arendelle.
- These special fan experiences will continue until the premiere date, with product continuing to rollout after the film’s release.
- The Frozen 2 product assortment spans categories including:
- Fashion accessories
- Books and
- Much, much more!
Additional details on Frozen Fan Fest will be revealed later this year…stay tuned on social using #FrozenFanFest.