Have you ever been on a Florida Turnpike driving to Walt Disney World and spotted one of the multiple signs advertising Ron Jon Surf Shop? Well now you won’t have to drive all the way to Cocoa Beach to check out all the store has to offer. Earlier today, it was announced that Ron Jon Surf Shop will be coming to Disney Springs in late 2019. The beach lifestyle store will take up residence in Town Center and will provide guests with plenty of outdoor essentials for their fun in the sun.
- Ron Jon Surf Shop has announced plans for a new store that will open late 2019 at Disney Springs.
- The 10,000-square-foot Ron Jon location will be situated in Town Center at Disney Springs across from the Polite Pig.
- Most recently this space was home to the Kingdom Hearts preview center and Disney Corner.
- Ron Jon Surf Shop currently operates stores throughout Florida and in other locations along the eastern seaboard. Ron Jon Surf Shop carries all of the beach essentials needed to have fun in the sun. Their a wide assortment merchandise includes:
- According to Debbie Harvey, president and COO of Ron Jon Surf Shop, the company selected Disney Springs as a location for its new store because of the shopping destination’s immense popularity with visitors as well as locals in the Orlando market, many of whom are familiar with the Ron Jon brand.
What they’re saying:
- Debbie Harvey, president and COO of Ron Jon Surf Shop: “We are thrilled to be planning a new Ron Jon store located at Disney Springs. This is an extremely popular shopping destination for local residents and the millions of visitors coming to the Orlando area, and we feel it’s the perfect location for a new Ron Jon Surf Shop.”
About Ron Jon Surf Shop:
- Ron Jon Surf Shop was founded in 1959 on the New Jersey shore out of an appreciation for the sport of surfing.
- Two years later, “The Original” Ron Jon Surf Shop opened in Long Beach Island, New Jersey.
- The lifestyle-apparel and board-sports-equipment retailer has since opened stores in:
- Cocoa Beach
- Fort Myers
- Key West
- Panama City Beach
- Clearwater Beach
- Ocean City, Maryland
- Orange Beach, Alabama
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
- The flagship store in Cocoa Beach is the world’s largest surf shop. It operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.