Mars Media and Disneyland Paris have announced they are co-hosting the very first Dota 2 Major in France as part of the Dota Pro Circuit 2018-2019 season. Teams will compete for cash prizes in this thrilling esports competition.
- Mars Media and Disneyland Paris are joining forces to host the fourth Dota 2 Major of the Dota Pro Circuit 2018-2019 season, the first of its kind in France.
- Starting on May 4th and finishing on May 12th, the best international Dota 2 teams will battle it out at Disney’s Newport Bay Club and Disney Events Arena.
- The best performing teams in the six online regional qualifiers will compete against one another in front of a 6,300-strong crowd at Disney Events Arena, totally transformed for the occasion.
- This is the first time in the history of Mars Media that their flagship event will be hosted outside of China.
- A leading international sports event and stage of the official Dota Pro Circuit 2018-2019, the MDL Disneyland Paris Major is the fourth Major of the season, and serves as a qualifier for The International Dota 2 Championships 2019 which will be held next summer at the Mercedes Benz Arena in Shanghai, China.
- Each team competing at the MDL Disneyland Paris Major will rack up points earning them a place in one of the most legendary esports tournaments on the planet.
- Guests catch this global mega esports event in Disneyland Paris from May 4 to May 12, 2019.
- Tickets go on sale on Monday, March 11.
What they’re saying:
- Zhang Yu, CEO of Mars Media: “We are very excited and proud to bring our own MDL to France thanks to Aymeric Magne and his team at Disneyland Paris. We couldn’t have hoped for a better place and partner to host the very first MDL outside of China. We are looking forward to collaborating with Disneyland Paris which marks our first, but not last, foray into the western esports market.”
- Aymeric Magne, Director of Disneyland Paris Event Group says: “We are extremely proud to team up with Mars Media to co-produce a Dota 2 Major for the first time in France. Disneyland Paris will host the best teams in the world for nine days promising our visitors a spectacular one-of-a-kind experience. This new event will further consolidate Disneyland Paris’s position as a go-to destination for live events as well as a major esports partner in Europe.”
- The Mars Dota 2 League (MDL) is one of the most prestigious Dota 2 events in the world, and has welcomed the best teams the scene has to offer for the past five years.
- Having rewarded over $2.7 million dollars in prize-money makes MDL one of the most lucrative franchises in the esports industry.
About Mars Media:
- Mars Media is an events organizer, studio and content producer based in Shanghai, China.
- Founded in 2012, Mars Media has then become one of the leaders in the esports industry in China, and is better known for hosting the Mars Dota 2 League and the Dota 2 Professional League.