A new Disney movie wouldn’t be complete without Alan Tudyk. The actor and Disney veteran will reportedly be voicing Iago, Jafar’s wise-cracking parrot, in the upcoming live-action remake of the animated classic Aladdin, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
- Iago was originally voiced by Gilbert Gottried in the animated feature film and two direct-to-video sequels.
- Some of Tudyk’s past Disney roles include:
- King Candy in Wreck-It Ralph
- Duke in Frozen
- Alistair Krei in Big Hero 6
- Heihei in Moana
- K-2SO in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- Iago has been seen but not heard in the previews for Aladdin, leaving fans with questions about the boisterous bird. Now we know who will provide that irritating voice.
More on Aladdin:
- Disney released a new trailer for the upcoming film earlier today.
- Will Smith is seen as the blue wish granting Genie, but also seems to take on a more human appearance when he’s in public.
- Disney’s live-action Aladdin will appear in theaters May 24.
About the film:
Aladdin is the exciting tale of the charming street rat Aladdin, the courageous and self-determined Princess Jasmine and the Genie who may be the key to their future.
- Will Smith as Genie
- Mena Massoud as Aladdin
- Naomi Scott as Jasmine
- Marwan Kenzari as Jafar
- Billy Magnussen as Prince Anders
- Navid Negahban as the Sultan
- Nasim Pedrad as Dalia
- Numan Acar as Hakim