Walt Disney World has announced that they will be retiring the “Disney’s Walk Around the World” bricks located outside of Magic Kingdom. The removal of the bricks will be completed in phases, and while guests can’t collect their original brick, they can purchase a commemorative version.
- Disney has announced plans to enhance the overall Guest arrival experience at all of our Walt Disney World theme parks.
- From the parking lots to the theme park entrances, nearly every step in between those points is being reconfigured including walkways and tram loading and unloading zones.
- They also are enhancing their security by adding more bag screening stations, metal detectors and other measures to aid in the screening of guests.
- As part of these updates, some of the personalized hexagonal bricks near Magic Kingdom Park and the Transportation and Ticket Center soon will be retired as they literally pave the way for the future.
- The remaining bricks will be removed in future phases.
- The bricks, part of “Disney’s Walk Around the World,” were committed to be on display until 2011.
- Since the bricks were not designed to be removed individually, they will not be available to take home.
- Instead, anyone who sponsored a brick may purchase a commemorative version between now and August 31, 2019.
- Guests who sponsored a brick and would like to get a souvenir version should do the following:
- Guests visiting in person:
- Starting March 18, guests can stop by City Hall at Magic Kingdom Park or Guest Relations at Disney Springs to verify their previous brick by sharing the name and hometown of the guest who sponsored it.
- After verification, they will be given a one-time use voucher to present by, or before August 31, 2019, at Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. (at Magic Kingdom Park – separate theme park admission required) or the Marketplace Co-Op (at Disney Springs), enabling them to purchase one commemorative 6” brick at a special price of $10 (plus tax).
- Guests needing to contact Disney virtually:
- Guests should email [email protected] or call 407-828-2701 with the name and hometown of the guest who sponsored the brick.
- After verification, they will be provided a code to use by, or before August 31, 2019, on shopDisney.com to purchase one commemorative 6” brick at a special price of $10 (plus tax and shipping) starting this spring.
- Please note, this code is for one-time use and will only be valid on shopDisney.com and may not be redeemed in person or at any other location. (Limit one voucher or code per verified Guest.)
More commemorative offerings:
- Also available to any guests, not just those who originally sponsored a brick in “Disney’s Walk Around the World,” will be:
- 6” brick ($29.99 plus tax – available now)
- 8” brick ($49.99 plus tax – available now)
- Ornament ($24.99 plus tax – on sale soon)
- Each of the above options includes customization and can be purchased at:
- Tomorrowland Light & Power Co. (at Magic Kingdom Park)
- The Marketplace Co-Op (at Disney Springs)
- shopDisney.com starting this spring