Between the first two quarters of tonight’s Orlando Magic game at Amway Center, Walt Disney World and the NBA announced (with the help of Mickey Mouse, of course) that the NBA Experience at Disney Springs will open August 12, 2019. The interactive experience will be located at the West Side in the former location of DisneyQuest.
Watch NBA Experience announcement and Imagineer interview at Amway Center in Orlando:
What They Are Saying:
- Stan Dodd, executive producer, Walt Disney Imagineering: “When we were young, we played basketball in our driveways or in the park, creating those imaginary moments of making the game-winning soft for a championship. We want to take that energy and help you feel what it’s like to be an actual NBA or WNBA player.”
About the NBA Experience:
- Will feature 13 interactive elements and hands-on activities.
- Covers 44,000 square feet across two floors.
- Tickets include access to every activity.
- The entry will simulate walking through a player’s tunnel at a NBA or WNBA arena.
Some of the Experiences:
- Slam Dunk Challenge: Guests can change the height of a standard 10-foot hoop to as low as seven feet to perform superstar moves and have it captured by burst photography.
- Shooting Skills: Spots on a court light up as guests move from one location to another attempting to sink as many buckets as possible in 15 seconds.
- Stack Up: Guests can compare themselves against some of the world’s best basketball players by measuring their vertical leap, wingspan, shooting, and dribbling.
- Personalization: Activities can be personalized with guests’ names and their favorite NBA or WNBA teams.
- Real-Time Updates: Activities will be updated with NBA and WNBA statistics while guest leaderboards will be updated throughout the day.