FX has renewed the critically-acclaimed comedy series Better Things for a fourth season, according to Deadline.
- The news of the renewal comes just four weeks into the series’ third season.
- The fourth season of Better Things will premiere in 2020 on FX.
- Better Things is directed by, produced by and stars Pamela Adlon.
- There are eight episodes remaining in the currently-running third season of Better Things, which airs Thursdays at 10 PM through May 16.
- In its first season, Better Things received the Peabody Award for entertainment.
- Adlon was also nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Comedy Series for each of the first two seasons.
- Deadline offers the following description of Better Things:
- “Better Things is the story of Sam Fox (Adlon), a single mother and working actor with no filter, raising her three daughters, Max (Mikey Madison), Frankie (Hannah Alligood) and Duke (Olivia Edward) in Los Angeles. She also looks after her mother, Phil (Celia Imrie), an English expat with questionable faculties who lives across the street. Whether she’s struggling to keep her daughters close or trying to push one of them out of the nest, Sam approaches every challenge with fierce love, raw honesty and humor. At the end of the day, Sam’s just trying to earn a living, navigate her daughters’ changing lives, survive her family, have fun with a friend or two, and also – just maybe – squeeze in some private time.”
What they’re saying:
- John Landgraf, Chairman of FX Networks and FX Productions: “With every season, Better Things becomes more vital, engaging and revelatory, cementing Pamela Adlon’s status as one of the most accomplished creative forces in television today. Rarely has there been a show that is so personal and, at the same time, so thoroughly universal in the way it explores modern parenting, family and life. We are thrilled to extend the series for a fourth season and to continue this incredible partnership with Pamela, her creative team and the amazing cast of Better Things.”
- Pamela Adlon: “I am humbled, grateful and excited to tackle another season of stories and continue my creative partnership with my fearless FX team.”