Writer-producer, Brad Falchuk has announced he’s leaving 20th Century Fox Television and heading to Netflix. Deadline shared the news of his exit today.
- Brad Falchuk has announced he’s heading to Netflix after more than a decade at 20th Century Fox Television.
- According to Deadline, Falchuk has signed a four year deal with the streaming service. While details of the deal have not been disclosed, Deadline’s Nellie Andreeva says, “I hear that the pact is in the high eight figures.”
- Falchuk’s deal will have him, writing, producing, and directing a new series for Netflix under his label, Brad Falchuk Teley-Vision.
- He will reportedly continuing work on his current Fox shows:
- American Horror Story
- American Crime Story
- Netflix’s upcoming The Politician
- This move will hopefully help Falchuk to fully establish the Brad Falchuk Teley-Vision production company, complete with its own development team.
- His deal with Fox is up in June.
What they’re saying:
- Brad Falchuk: “I have spent my career creating shows that bounce between different genres and tones and I plan on continuing to develop and create programing that spans a wide variety of worlds and formats. During my first meeting with Netflix, they told me – just bring us stories you’re passionate about and we will find a way to help you tell them. That level of support and freedom is inspiring to me.”
- Falchuk on co-founding Young Storytellers Foundation: “Through two decades of involvement with YSF I’ve seen the power that mentorship provides for both the mentor and the mentee and I plan on making mentorship a pillar of my company. As well as developing my own shows, I am committed to finding new, unheard voices and helping to turn them into the showrunners of the future. Success will be determined by how many shows we create and also by how many showrunners we create.”
- Cindy Holland, VP of Original Content at Netflix: “We are thrilled to welcome Brad Falchuk to Netflix. As a storyteller, Brad is a taste maker and trail blazer, and he is a writer/director with a true knack for piercing the cultural zeitgeist. There is no limit to what Brad can accomplish with Netflix as his new home.”
- Disney Television Studios and ABC Entertainment chairman Dana Walden: “Brad is a truly gifted creator and an extraordinary partner. We wish him nothing but the best in his new deal and feel very lucky that we’ll continue to work with him on some of the iconic shows he and Ryan Murphy created together at 20th.”