Disney fans can check out the latest Disneynature film, Penguins this spring at El Capitan Theatre. During the special five day engagement, Disneynature will make a donation in honor of every El Capitan guest to the Wildlife Conservation Network.
- Hollywood’s legendary El Capitan Theatre will host a special engagement of Disneynature’s all-new film Penguins, from April 17 – 21, 2019.
- Showtimes will be offered at 10:00 am and 12:45 pm daily.
- Tickets are on sale now and are available:
- At the El Capitan Theatre (6838 Hollywood Blvd.)
- Online at www.elcapitantickets.com
- By calling 1-800-DISNEY6.
- Special group rates for parties of 20 or more are available by calling 1-818-845-3110.
- Showtimes and dates are subject to change.
- Disneynature, in its ongoing quest to bring the natural world to the big screen as never before, presents its latest project to date, taking moviegoers to the far reaches of the icy Antarctic.
- Narrated by Ed Helms (The Office, The Hangover, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart), Disneynature’s all-new feature film Penguins is a coming-of-age story about an Adélie penguin named Steve.
- Steve joins millions of fellow males in the icy Antarctic spring on a quest to build a suitable nest, find a life partner and start a family. None of it comes easily for him, especially considering he's targeted by everything from killer whales to leopard seals, who unapologetically threaten his happily ever after.
What they’re saying:
- Ed Collins, General Manager of The El Capitan Theatre: “We commemorate Earth Day at this time of year with Disneynature’s Penguins as well as celebrating 10 years of remarkable films, lasting conservation programs, and the latest partnership with Wildlife Conservation Network (WCN). We are thrilled that Disneynature will make a donation in honor of every El Capitan Guest who sees the film opening week in support of Wildlife Conservation Network’s Global Penguin Society projects around the world.”
- Make learning even more fun with Disneynature’s Educator Activity Guide!
- The Educator’s Guide includes multiple standards-aligned lessons and activities targeted to grades 2 through 6; introducing audiences to a variety of topics, including: Disney.com/nature Content provided by education experts at Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment.
- This activity package helps to Increase students’ knowledge of the amazing animals and habitats of Antarctica through interactive, interdisciplinary and inquiry-based lessons and promoting life-long conservation values and STEAM-based skills through outdoor natural exploration and discovery.
- This PDF package can be found and downloaded here.
- To learn more, please visit: https://nature.disney.com/penguins
Disneynature Penguins debuts in theatres on April 19.