Now anyone can become king of Pride Rock with Hasbro’s Monopoly: The Lion King Edition! Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the iconic animated feature, Hasbro is giving a Disney spin to the classic board game.
- In just a few days, fans can bring home a classic game with a Disney twist.
- Hasbro is releasing Monopoly: The Lion King Edition in honor of the animated film’s 25th anniversary and the upcoming live-action release.
- In this new edition of the game, players can celebrate Simba’s journey to become king with a game board and artwork from the Disney’s original The Lion King motion picture.
- Monopoly: The Lion King Edition will be available at Walmart on April 22 for $39.99.
- The game will also be available at mass retailers in June.
Unique game highlights:
- The Title Deed cards are made up of unforgettable moments and locations from The Lion King such as:
- “Pride Rock”
- “The Circle of Life”
- “Hyena’s Lair”
- And more!
- “Destiny cards” replace Chance cards and Community Chest cards in this version of the Monopoly game, and are inspired by movie.
- The game comes with a “Pride Rock” card holder that holds the Destiny Cards and plays the classic Nant’s Ingonyama” from the opening of the film.
- The Monopoly: Lion King Edition game comes with 6 tokens allowing fans of The Lion King to play as:
Disney’s live-action version of The Lion King will roar into theatres July 19, 2019.