This summer, Walt Disney World is introducing a new limited-time fine dining experience at Jiko – The Cooking Place inspired by Disney’s The Lion King. This new offering will feature a prix fixe menu that celebrates Simba’s story.
- The Disney Parks Blog has announced a new limited-time dining experience is coming to Jiko – The Cooking Place at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge.
- This prix fixe fine dining experience is inspired by The Lion King and will be offered starting June 30, 2019.
- Guests will be able to partake in an exclusive three-course menu crafted as a one-of-a-kind culinary celebration of Simba’s story.
- As the dinner progresses, wildly talented musicians will join in on the fun with vibrant African melodies as well as live performances of the award-winning movie soundtrack.
- The menu will feature dishes inspired by The Circle of Life: Nants’ Ingonyama, a story celebrating Simba’s journey through life.
- Each dish follows our lion prince as he grows up, highlighting each stage of his life through unique flavors and spices.
- Guests will start their meal off with the “I Just Can’t Wait to be King” starter – a dish featuring Young Cedar Creek clam malata, potatoes, pomegranate, and a bone marrow finish.
- This dish symbolizes the playfulness of Simba’s joyous childhood and his desire to one day become king.
- Moving on to the main event: Be Prepared.
- Guests will choose from two entrées:
- Bone-In Ribeye with hibiscus, nettles, and fregula
- Lobster Sosatie with red shrimp, squid, mussels, and fragrant rice.
- These dishes are inspired by the eerie elephant boneyard and Simba’s courage to persevere through trials and tribulations.
- And the third course, Hakuna Matata, celebrates balance as Simba grows up and learns what is truly needed to successfully lead the Pride lands.
- This dessert features caramelized orange, chocolate choux, and playful foliage.
- Finally, finish off the evening with “Can You Feel the Love Tonight?” and reflect on this journey with a selection of friandeses and teas to cap off the meal.
- This limited-time prix fixe menu will be available during the dinner period at Jiko – The Cooking Place starting June 30 in addition to Jiko’s regular menu.
- Pricing is $65 per person, tax and gratuity not included, with the option to add your choice of two levels of wine pairings at an additional cost.
- For more information and to book reservations, call 407 WDW-DINE (407 939-3463) or visit the Walt Disney World Resort website.
About Jiko – The Cooking Place:
- Located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jiko transports you to the heart of Africa with its vibrant spices, crackling wood-burning ovens, and a delicious blend of traditional African wines and cuisine, making it the perfect place for this special celebration.