Disney Springs has all kinds of restaurants serving up a wide variety of delicious cuisines. It looks as though it will soon have one less however, as Bongos Cuban Cafe is reportedly going to close this summer, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
- Gloria Estefan, owner of Bongos Cuban Cafe and Cuban-American pop icon, said the restaurant will be closing in August.
- The restaurant will be closing as its 22-year lease comes to an end.
- The Disney Springs location will be the latest Bongos location to close, after locations in the Hard Rock Hotel in Hollywood, Florida and the American Airlines Arena in Miami also closed.
- Estefan will soon be opening a new restaurant, Estefan Kitchen, in the Margaritaville Orlando Resort.
- No specific date has been provided for the closure of Bongos at Disney Springs.
What they’re saying:
- Gloria Estefan: “They are growing in a different direction, and we are growing in a different direction. So we thought a fresh start is wanted.”
- Emilio Estefan, Gloria’s husband and business partner: “And we wanted a nightclub. I think that’s a part of the Latino experience.”