Avengers: Endgame has climbed to the second spot in the all-time, worldwide box office rankings. On its way there it passed James Cameron’s 1997 classic Titanic. Today, the writer and director shared a message of congratulations to Kevin Feige and Marvel for the success of the film.
- Endgame surpassed Titanic’s $2.19 billion earlier this week and is currently sitting at $2.3 billion.
- Interestingly enough, the only film left for Endgame to overtake is Cameron’s Avatar, which sits atop the list with $2.79 billion.
- Cameron drew the ire of Marvel fans last year when, in an interview with IndieWire, he said “I’m hoping we’ll start getting ‘Avenger’ fatigue here pretty soon. Not that I don’t love the movies. It’s just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process. It’s like, oy!”
- Avengers: Endgame is in theaters now and climbing closer and closer to Avatar and that top spot.
ICYMI – More Avengers: Endgame news:
- The Walt Disney Company released their second quarter and six months earnings report for fiscal 2019 today and in it Bob Iger announced exactly when we can expect to see Avengers: Endgame on Disney+.
- Disney recently brought Avengers: Endgame to troops in Afghanistan thanks to a tweet from an Air Force spouse.
- Hasbro recently revealed their second wave of Avengers: Endgame, spoiler-filled toys. Plus, Funko has three new Pop! Figures themed to the new hit film that are expected to debut in June and are currently available for pre-order.
- While fans might still be obsessing over Avengers: Endgame, let’s not forget that there’s still one more Phase 3 MCU film to go — Spider-Man: Far From Home. Sony recently released a new trailer for the film, and it’s filled with Endgame spoilers.